Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pizzeria Mediterranea


Carmine, Salvatore 

After writing about Pizza the other day, it seems my obsession has returned after a three year absence in Italy. Being in the USA you just can’t get pizza like this no matter where you go. It can be close, but never is the real deal. For me I am so happy and content with Pizzeria Mediterranea that I have been there almost every night for pizza. When I find a place that is as good as this often I just stick with it and have a hard time trying to find something as good. Though I want to eat the same pizza I tried on the second visit over and over (Pizza Cosacca- 3.70 euro), I have decided to try at least 5- 10 more of their different offerings during my stay here.
.
Margret, Tania, Laura
I visited the pizzeria the other day and asked them some questions about the place and chatted with the entire staff who was as kind as could be with smiles to go around. I always feel so welcome.

Q; How many years has the pizzeria been open?
A; 12-13 years in the same location.
Q; Why did you open the pizzeria?
A; The owner is from Napoli the home of the pizza, so why not?
Q; Why call it Pizzeria Mediterranea when it’s located so far inland.
A; Again it’s because the owner is from that region of Italy.
Q; What is the best selling and most loved pizza?
A; Well, the house specialty of course, Pizza Mediterranea (6 euro)

Delphine
The wood burning oven is beautiful and cooks the pizzas in record time. I usually have my pizza in front of me within 5-7 minutes. It’s fun to watch the staff preparing and stretching the dough and throwing pizza after pizza. The place is always busy and stays open till 11pm. Last night I tried Pizza Boscaiolo (6.00 euro). Oh my goodness it was delicious. The crust was perfectly crispy with the wood oven flavor, eggplant, peppers, tomato’s, mushrooms, artichokes, mozzarella and pecorino cheeses. The cheese was so rich that the vegetables balanced the richness. Ok, my mouth is watering and it is lunch time. I think I know where I am headed….buon appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment