Friday, July 13, 2012

Just a walk down my street

My days have been much more filled with activities than I expected. I have not yet left Perugia, having thought by now I would have been all over Umbria. School, homework, photos, writing, spending time with friends, eating and eating and eating have all been taking up my time.

I also should say that the heat has been intense. It has hovered between 95-100 F everyday. With no air conditioning in my place, or at the university, I am feeling pretty drained much of the time and my body will not allow me to do all that I want.

I am not complaining. In fact, I could not be more happy LivingLifesBest here...I am just feeling a bit slowed down and satiated. This weekend I plan on taking a lot of photos as I have not yet had the chance to get into the groove. I want to concentrate on doing my photo study of the city. 

This weekend will bring to a close the L'Umbria Jazz Festival and I have yet to share with you how great it is. For those of you who have been to Bumbershoot in Seattle, let me tell you this is waaaaaay better. 

Just a note to let you all know who I have enjoyed the most and plan on seeing again tonight. They call themselves "Funk Off."  They are some bad ass brass playing Italians that somehow have a soul that is not what you expect to find in the pasta capitol of the world. Here is a short link of these guys in action. I hope to post something of them later.....



Here are some photos from the other day....I will post more tomorrow. I miss you all.....
 
The light is so intense it makes the colors pop
Tucked in secret passages you can find the best food
It's all in the details

Just walking down my street there is so much to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment